So much of the news this week has celebrated the 50th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King’s famous Dream Speech in Washington D.C. I consider it to be the greatest speech I’ve heard during my lifetime and am torn over whether Dr. King or Abraham Lincoln is most inspiring leader this country has ever seen.
The power of dreams is that they illuminate to us what is possible. Dr. King painted a clear vision of racial equality that set the country in a different direction. Several of the postings on this blog have touched on how personal dreams can reveal to us how much is possible for our businesses. While so much progress has been made with political equality, Dr. King’s speech also dealt with economic equality. It seems that we still have a long way to go with economic equality and that our country needs another dream. My dream touches the possibility that America turn its attention to inventing and building the infrastructure that will pave a better future. To me, if we’re going to put a lot of people to work, we’d better think on a grander scale. I’ve listed a few possibilities of my own. I’d love to hear your thoughts, as well.
- America invents a form of sustainable, high-speed transportation
- America designs a new power grid
- America invents architectural solutions that protect your coastal areas
- America invents robots that can think better than we can (or at least I can)
- America’s schools inspire learning and creativity for all its people
- America invites all its people to participate in and prosper in the resulting economy
2 thoughts on “Dream Day”
Wow that was odd. I just wrote an very long comment but after I
clicked submit my comment didn’t show up. Grrrr…
well I’m not writing all that over again. Regardless, just wanted
to say great blog!
Here is my site – http://wlimail.com
Hi there, yeah this article is really pleasant and I have learned lot of things from it regarding blogging.